English Vocabulary: Bargain. You are familiar with the word negotiate, but bargain can also be used to discuss prices in an office or out on the street.
- to try to convince someone to offer a service or do something for you at a cheaper price.
- Don’t be afraid to bargain for the price of the clothes.
- I really don’t feel comfortable bargaining for the price when it is already very cheap.
- something that is sold for less than it’s real value.
- I got the sofa for a real bargain.
- We should go shopping this weekend. There are lots of bargains for Christmas.
STRIKE A BARGAIN
- make a deal
- come to an agreement about what each party will be doing.
- The union finally struck a bargain with Michelin and the workers will go back to work next week.
- It is in their favor to strike a bargain before this gets messy.
En la Escuela de Idiomas de la Cámara de Alava, tenemos cursos de inglés para todas las necesidades y niveles: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2